It’s that time of year- the presents are wrapped, the holiday parties are slowly winding down, the new calendars are ready to be hung up, and the year 2019 is about to pop up everywhere. It’s hard to believe another year has gone by- and that makes 2 ½ years since we started Slate Casting. Counting my blessings every day that we decided to go for it. And as we embark on 2019, it’s also that time of year to reflect on the past year, and more importantly look to the future- to where the bacon tape will take us next.
Over the past year we have seen thousands of talented people stand on the bacon tape- ready to slate and tackle that next role. Ashley, Aaron, Molly, Marina and I are so grateful for every single person who has come into Slate to audition. We thank you for being on time (and keeping to your scheduled audition slot), for bringing your headshot and resume with you (even if we didn’t need it that day), and for your enthusiasm and passion for this crazy business (this applies to everyone!). You make it fun to go to Slate every day and we absolutely look forward to seeing you even more often in 2019.
We have also had the incredible good fortune of working with the best clients ever. Everyone is routing for the actors to “Nail” that audition and that support is so appreciated. We have worked on some really fun projects with crazy characters, and we have worked on some incredibly moving projects with messages meant to help and heal. We love them all and in 2019 we resolve to keep ‘em coming! (This is my first resolution for the New Year!)
We don’t want to bore you with ridiculously out of reach resolutions (there’s no way I’m losing 20 pounds…). Instead, we have just a few simple ones- and we hope you will hold us to them:
· Continue to make Slate a fun, supportive, creative environment for talent and clients
· Work even harder to bring in amazing projects for actors and illustrate Boston’s vast talent pool
· Maintain and exceed our own high expectations for client service. (We’ll take any suggestions for different breakfast foods and lunch orders)
· Continue to cultivate an atmosphere that encourages ‘real’ people to step outside their comfort zone and try something new by auditioning
· Continue to have a blast teaching kids and adults about auditioning and getting ready to jump into this industry (we really love this part of the job!)
· Stay on Aaron to shave his beard (ok, maybe that’s just my own personal resolution)
· NUMBER 1 Resolution: Have fun and keep standing on the Bacon Tape- it makes me smile :)
Everyone at Slate Casting wishes you the happiest, merriest holiday season. Get lots of rest because we predict 2019 will be a rocking year! We are looking forward to seeing you!